Professional Development Symposia (PDS) offer the opportunity for creative, multi-way conversations, and have the potential to offer a positive impact on the professional development of participants from different regions, SIGs, chapters, career stages, or demographic backgrounds. The PDS chairs encourage anyone interested in organizing a PDS to submit a proposal, including SIGs, Chapters, and Colleges. Proposals involving cross-SIG dialog or collaborations are encouraged. Proposals can be quite brief, but should provide an outline sufficient for the PDS chair to make a recommendation on its applicability, likelihood of drawing an audience, and suitability. Some indication of likely authors and presenters would be helpful.
- April 25, 2017: Last day to submit proposal
- May 1, 2017: Notification of acceptance
PDS sessions will allow for a wide variety of formats or forums, including:
- Debate, where a number of people would attend and put forward remarks from different points of view
- Roundtable discussion, where several participants would prepare and present abstracts around a particular issue
- Interactive panels, where a group of panelists engage with topics of general interest
- Presentations, where track chairs have identified a group of papers that may not fit the track theme but that go well together and would contribute to the professional development of participants
- Cross-SIG dialog or collaboration, where speakers from different SIGs utilize debate, roundtable discussion, interactive panels, or presentations, to address a common theme or topic from different SIG perspectives
Proposals can be quite brief, but should provide an outline sufficient for the PDS chairs to make a recommendation on its applicability, likelihood of drawing an audience, and suitability. Some indication of likely authors and presenters would be helpful.