AMCIS 2017 Call for Panels
AMCIS 2017 provides an opportunity for attendees to explore topics in a discussion panel format. We especially invite panels addressing the AMCIS 2017 theme, A Tradition of Innovation. A panel typically has a moderator (who poses several questions related to the topic) and three to four knowledgeable panelists with alternative views or perspectives on the topic. The plan should include time for attendee discussion. Panelists can be from the academy and/or from industry. Proposals on topics related to the conference theme, as well as other relevant topics of interest to AMCIS attendees, will be considered.
- April 3, 2017: Last day to submit proposal
- April 21, 2017: Notification of acceptance
A complete panel proposal should not exceed three pages and must include the following sections:
- Title and Abstract, providing and overview of the proposed panel
- Description of the panel objectives (e.g., to disseminate new points of view, to foster a debate, to introduce a new area of exploration). This section should include one or two representative questions that each of the panelists would answer.
- Description of the overall approach. This should specify the panel layout (how the moderator and panelists will address the topic (e.g., questions from the moderator, position statements followed by interactions among the panelists), and the time allocation given to the panel discussants and Q&A from the floor.
- Statement of why the panel is important to present at AMCIS 2017
- List of proposed panelists with a short bio of each, emphasizing why each panelist is well qualified to serve as a moderator or panelist. Panelist availability will need to be confirmed prior to final selection of the panels.
- Download Panel Template
- Follow template instructions to provide as complete an overview as possible of your proposed panel; this document should be formatted following template guidelines as Panel overviews are included in conference proceedings
- No later than 11:59 pm April 3, 2017, submit your formatted Panel overview as an email attachment addressed to the co-chairs (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Receipt of your proposal will be confirmed within 24 hours
- Notification of accepted proposals: April 21, 2017