Technology Research, Education, and Opinion (TREO) Talks
provide attendees a platform to present their research ideas, education papers, or opinion papers that cover any area of information systems (IS) or information technology (IT) and get feedback from session attendees. The TREO Talk sessions will provide the opportunity to submit a 1-page abstract of a research paper or research idea, an education paper or an idea related to IS education, or an opinion paper on any area of information technology. TREO Talks submissions will be editorially reviewed to ensure that they are IS related and appropriate in nature. Accepted TREO Talks abstracts will be presented at a TREO Talk session. Each TREO Talk author will present their topic, followed by a question and answer and discussion session with the audience.
Topics that might be appropriate for a TREO Talk session:
- A research idea that you are contemplating, but have not started yet
- A research idea that you are developing and would like feedback on
- A research idea that you would like to invite collaborators to join you
- A cutting edge research topic that you would like feedback on
- A teaching tip for an IS/IT class
- An innovative teaching idea for an IS/IT class
- An idea regarding a new or innovative class for an IS/IT curriculum
- Innovative things that you are doing in your IS/IT class
- An opinion regarding any aspect of IS/IT
- Apr 25, 2017: Deadline for TREO Talk submission
- May 1, 2017: Authors are notified of TREO Talks submission decision
- May 8, 2017: Final (camera-ready) abstract submission due
- July 2, 2017: PPT slides due
Final (camera-ready) abstract submission template
Format of presentation
Each TREO Talk author will present their topic, followed by a question and answer and discussion session with the audience.
Presentation Guidelines and Template
Accepted TREO Talk abstracts will be presented as follows:
- Each accepted TREO Talk abstract will be scheduled in a TREO Talk session
- Authors are to use the TREO Talk PPT Template and submit their slides as an attachment before July 2, 2017 to email@example.com. Please follow the instructions provided in the template very closely.
- All slides will be pre-loaded so authors should be ready to make their presentation based on the numbering assigned. We would like to keep the transition to a minimum, so we urge presenters to be ready. There will be a 30 second transition between presentations.
- TREO Talk sessions will be interactive. It is expected that presenters include a short discussion period.